Thursday, October 11, 2012

Outfit Post - WW2 Soldier

 I finally finished my M-1941 jacket! It went easier than first two I made for sure. I still have to make a sample welt pocket every time a pattern calls for one! I had the fabric lying around for ever, it was almost right, so I dyed with Dylon. The lining is cut from a sheet, and all the notions I bought at Dressew in Vancouver. I think it conceals my girliness, or at least I hope it does! I have to take the carbine back to my dad on Saturday :( Flying with a firearm is no fun, they make you feel like you're committing a crime. My exact helmet is selling on Ebay right now for $410, I paid $40 at the surplus store in Fresno! Please ignore my peeling deck - I sanded and painted it last summer, and already it's awful! 

Max helped me dye the fabric!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you did an amazing job on it! I hate doing welt pockets.

    Dressew is the best. I can always kill a couple of hours there whenever I get to Vancouver. There and Salmagundi in Gastown - hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the owner of Salmagundi is in pallative care right now. She's gifted a longtime employee with the store, let's hope its still going strong the next time you visit!

      Delete
    2. Oh no! That's so sad!! I've been going there for probably close to 40 years now. Wow, I guess that means I'm getting older, too ... :O

      Delete