My boss was all for me dressing up at work today, so I came as Mary Queen Of Scots. This costume took me 4 months or so to make. I hand embroidered and beaded almost all of it. Most of the fabric is curtains from Goodwill, which was so cheap it was almost free. The partlet & veil are curtain lining from JoAnn.
Mary's book of hours. Its tooled & painted leather, with images that I found on a museum website inside.
Closeup of the embroidery. I wanted a vine pattern with thistles, but then added the fleur de lis becaseu she was the Queen of France as well... My girdle is made from connector pieces I found on ebay. I glued red crystals and pearls to match the outfit. Inside the locket is a painting of Mary & her first husband.