Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympics & Too Much Colour!

I've been watching a lot of Olympics coverage late into the night. It's been making me think about when I got to go to the Vancouver Olympics in 2010, especially watching the opening ceremony. Unlike most people who entered the lottery for tickets, I actually got some, like to 15 events! Some conflicted with others, so I sold them and ended up going to all my events for free! Months before the game I started making things to wear, namely jackets for my mum and I. Mine is vintage 60's from a thrift store in Oxnard and hers I bought at the Goodwill for $1. I sequined felt for the maple leafs and Canada on the backs, and made a hood for my coat out of the cut out pockets from my mum's coat. I also made the scarves and my purse, the other side says "eh?". For the first week I wore red & white ribbons in my doc martens, then Ronson's came out with these Olympic rain boots. I think it was the most colour I've ever worn in my life, even as a child, but it was so much fun, I'm glad I experienced as many things as possible.

                                      outside the speed skating oval                                                         ready to watch the closing ceremonies at BC Place

our backs, outside of the hockey arena and in front of the flame

No comments:

Post a Comment