Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bedell Stores 1921 Catalog

I had a bit of unsupervised alone time time this week, so I scanned some of my vintage catalogs. I am lucky enough to own several, some since I was a child. First up is a Bedell Stores Spring/Summer catalog from 1921. It was given to me by my step-mother's mother. She lived in Clyde, Texas which is right outside of Abilene. She passed away a few years ago and left me some treasures. Victorian boots, new look hats & a late 1930's velvet robe (I feel like Joan Crawford in it!).


 Some of the dresses on the right have a bit of  Downton Abbey vibe.

Some of these blouses seem very wearable. Maybe I'll try making one.


These hats still have a teens feel to them, don't you think?

I wish I had some of those clocked stockings! They make me crazy!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love these color illustrations! And I lo-o-o-o-ove that selection of hats. Yes, and YES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This catalog had pristine order forms & envelopes. I want to send in my order and maybe in some magical Back To The Future Way it could come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! The catalog pictures are just lovely, I think I would definitely learn how to sew at once if I had such a wonderful inspiration at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those prints are real treasures. I love the colours of them.

    ReplyDelete