Friday, July 20, 2012

Decent Goth Baby Clothes Are Hard To Find

My friend is pregnant and she, like me, abhors pastels and cutesy crap. We both love baby animals, just not Osh Kosh versions with big heads and glitter everywhere. Searching in stores and online for goth or punk baby clothes has proved fruitless, for the most part, the only things available are printed onesies. So, I have decided to make a complete goth/punk trousseau for her.
First off are booties, since I don't know whether it will be a boy or girl. The love/hate booties I made first and are form Simplicity Pattern 2900, which is a re-issue of a 1950's pattern I also own. These booties are so easy, you barely need to know how to sew!  I smoothed out the scalloped edges and embroidered a line instead.


This pair of booties are made form some Halloween cotton I've been hoarding for years. The pattern is from Handmade Beginnings and was awful to work with. Overcomplicated, mislabeled and just plain stupid. My librarian is making the same pair for her granddaughter and is quite lost.  I am bringing her this pair to give her a visual reference. You can make these booties in half the time if you ignore all instructions!


No comments:

Post a Comment