Thursday, August 29, 2013

Skipped Work & Went To The PNE!

Wednesday I skipped work and my mum, aunt and I went to the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver. It is a large yearly fair that has been going on since 1910. 
 Even though I am trying to be on a diet I had poutine with grilled chicken on it for dinner. You're supposed to eat naughty at a fair, aren't you? If you have never head of poutine - it is French Canadian and consists of french fries covered in cheese curds and gravy. Hardy low cal.
There was an ABBA tribute bank playing in the park. They were excellent, but what was even a better show was watching one guy who was sure they were singing only for him. Blowing kisses, holding his lighter and spinning - awesome!
The main reason we went to the fair was to see The Proclaimers. I've wanted to see them since the late 80's. Finally it worked out and they were wonderful. They sang all the songs I wanted to hear, they were funny and they were excellent musicians. PLUS - there were a number of men in kilts attending, which certainly wasn't hard on the eye!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely day :)
    Yeah a friend of mine attended one evening at a festival and he wanted to try all the food stands. He got quite sick.

    ReplyDelete