Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Outfit Post - New Dress & Skull Tights

 My mum bought me this dress and today is my first time wearing it. She thought the peasant top looked German - which would appeal to me! I felt a bit odd as I am not used to wearing a slim skirt, plus I gained 10 pounds this holiday season. It's like there is an airline pillow strapped to my midsection. A pillow made up of heavy cream, chocolate and Bailey's! I've been going for walks and eating more sensibly, so it should just be another month or two of the extra padding!

The tights are from Rue 21. Only $3! I'm wearing them over solid gray tights.  Rue 21 has been in my local mall for years but I never went in. It is so packed in there you can't see anything. Online it was much easier to look around. I know I am LEAST 15 years too old to shop in this store, but I think I can get away wearing these. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those tights! Lace and skulls! So cute!

    I can't wear slim skirts at all, but I love A-line ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm, heavy cream, chocolate and Baileys. I finally finished off my bottle the first week of January. And then briefly debated about continuing with the nightly tradition of a glass before bed until I had to get out of my sweatpants and into a pair of jeans for a trip to town. Harsh.

    I love that dress, especially the peasanty top bit! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your relaxed outlook on weight gain and -loss :) Sounds very healthy!
    Very refreshing, as many would kill themselves at the gym and be generally miserable. Of course we shall have cream, chocolate and Bailey's for the holidays ;)

    You look lovely in your new dress, I love the detailing and the peasant top!

    ReplyDelete